- George Zimmerman mentored black kids.
- George Zimmerman had many black friends on his Myspace account.
- George Zimmerman went into business with a black friend.
- George Zimmerman actively protested on behalf of a homeless black man.
- The FBI investigated George Zimmerman and found not a trace of prejudice towards blacks. Nobody who actually knows Zimmerman labelled him a racist.
- George Zimmerman did volunteer work for a predominantly black congregation.
- George Zimmerman was a registered democrat that voted and encouraged others to vote for Obama (he’s black).
- George Zimmerman went to prom with a black girl.
- George Zimmerman lived in a neighborhood where whites were a minority (i.e., lots of blacks).
- George Zimmerman’s wife’s best friend is black.
- Zimmerman invited a black neighbor to stay at his house as long as she needed after being rattled by a break in to her house.
Cites for items 1-7 are included. Click on the underlined parts. (8-11 recently added and don’t feel like tracking down citations (in part because 1-7 clearly establish he’s NOT a racist), but may do so in the future.
Repeat after me:
George Zimmerman is the opposite of a racist. George Zimmerman likes, cares for, and affiliates with black people. This isn’t speculation, this is proven, verifiable FACT. Anyone who claims that George Zimmerman is a racist at this point is either genuinely ignorant or is outright lying.
George Zimmerman the racist is a ridiculous notion that has been utterly obliterated in the minds of any informed person with a trace of sense.
It’s almost comical how segments of the community can’t let go of the “racist” angle of what happened to this teenager. I’m all for combating problems in the black community. People that mentor black children and advocate on behalf of black homeless men? Not the problem.
One excellent article I’ve read: